In this very new era of healthcare in which managed costs and patient awareness are taking
center-stage, the twenty-first century will prove quite demanding on all healthcare
professionals and institutions. To meet these challenges, healthcare organizations are
reexamining their stance on information technology. Healthcare is turning to
standardized information systems to control costs, improve overall efficiency, and enhance
Due to the nature of the doctor/patient relationship and the sensitivity of healthcare
data, exchanging and collecting information on the web brings with it many concerns
MEMdoc is to take every measure possible to guarantee that the traditional doctor/patient
relationship, based on trust, is still the number one priority. This is done by
dealing with the issue of confidentiality at every level.
The MEMdoc portal, including all online and offline modes of data collection, archiving,
and distribution, is designed to ensure that the information with which MEMdoc is
entrusted, is not misused or accessed, by accident or by malice, by any unauthorized
persons. This is accomplished through the following measures:
- The exclusive use of ISO 9000 compliant systems.
- Network firewalls to isolate IT infrastructure from the outside world.
- Transfers of information is only conducted through a combination of encrypted
non-identifiable datasets as well as secure socket layers (SSL) to ensure proper
recognition of both server and client.
- Database integrity is ensured through several layers of restricted application and user
- A secure physical environment via 24-hour environmentally monitored and restricted access
to secure floors by key-enabled elevators.